Friday, March 13, 2015

This Way and That



A couple of eagle eyed people told me yesterday that the stitch count I gave for the braid was not correct. Er, turn the braid over and the stitch count matches. But it's possible to tat the braid either way, so here's an alternative stitch count:
SR1: 6-2/4
SR 2: 4/6-2


I'm sewing the braid to the edge of a food cover, with a bead between each split ring, to add a bit of weight to the edging. A slow process, but effective, I think.
One of the ducklings has a sore leg. I don't know what happened to it or what we can do about it. I hope it will heal on its own.

I've just taken this photo from out the diningroom window.

6 comments:

  1. The braid looks lovely with the beads! Poor little duckling, I hope that it will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jane, how could you allow Any eagles to close in, with those little ducklings in the yard ?! ;-P
    Your braid is looking even prettier with those tiny pink beads.
    This could so well have been a dupatta - it would look good :-)
    Hope the leg heals soon .

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are still cute !
    I always show the new pictures of them to my husband, so we follow together what happens :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food cover will look so nice!! :)
    What an adventure you have been having with the duckling family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure that I would have counted the stitches in the picture, unless I was having trouble with the written pattern. I'm glad there are people out there who are good at paying attention to details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great edging - now what can I use it on? Sweet little ducklings, I do hope his leg gets better.

    ReplyDelete