Saturday, April 20, 2024

Wiggle

 


The pattern is called Just Wiggle It Cowl, by Susan Ashcroft on Ravelry.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it was next on my cowl knitting agenda! It's a clever pattern. The zigzags are created with slipped stitches, I think that's called mosaic knitting. So you work with just one colour at a time, and it's not as heavy as it would be worked in fairisle. The shaping is also clever. You increase on one side and decrease on the other to create a slant, so when you join the ends , by grafting, the stripes are diagonal. It was fun to knit, I may need to make another one. 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Pattern, colours, and your stitches are so perfect together 💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks interesting. I do knit. I may have to look that up to get the technique. I am a sucker for learning techniques, if I use them or not. Thanks for showing this.

    ReplyDelete