Tuesday, April 2, 2024

There's A Law About It

 


Jane's Law says that if I'm going to make a stupid mistake, it will be on the easiest round! Round 8 is straight forward, shuttle and ball, rings and chains. I was working away, glanced back and saw that I'd missed a ring. I hadn't finished the round, but was much too far along to untat. I did a repair, which is not bad, except that I shouldn't have hidden two threads in one ring because it distorted the ring. I'll show the whole round when it's done and you can 'spot the mistake'. 

6 comments:

  1. I've done that so many times! I'm glad you were able to fix the mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to fix the mistake. I've done that so many times, now I count obsessively to make sure I have the 'right' number of rings done vs. the number of rings left - they should add up to the number of rings in the round. I also check and double-check obsessively to make sure I am not accidentally skipping a join and to make sure past joins were not skipped. And STILL sometimes I make that same mistake.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how Frustrating!! I wonder how many people who don't tat will see the "mistake" and think it is the way it's supposed to look? Hmmm? The next round should be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the frustration of making mistakes on the easier parts!!
    I am sure it's beautiful now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work by Jane's Law, too, 😁 And seems to me you would've followed your False CTM fix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been a good idea. Hmmm. I was slow on the uptake there.

      Delete