Monday, April 8, 2024

Cowl

 


I thought I'd make some cowls for my market table. They should knit up quite quickly and I wouldn't have to charge a high price for them. I started with this one, which is called Free For All Cowl by Jen Peck on Ravelry. The edges are knitted-in icords. I thought that was a great idea while I was knitting, but when I joined the ends of the cowl, I realised that the icords pull in a bit. That's logical because they use slipped stitches, which means there are fewer rows of knitting in the icords than in the main part of the cowl. I think if I knit it again, I'll just do a narrow garter stitch edging on each side. Otherwise, I'm happy with it. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I guess the edge will open up a bit (stretch) after wearing the cowl a few times?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very pretty, and I'm sure will be good for markets. It's the kind of thing you could buy for a present.

    ReplyDelete