Thursday, April 25, 2024

Recycling

 I need to prepare a project for tomorrow's craft group meeting. I had in mind some sort of woven basket using ribbon, to put sweets in. (Sweets, candy, lollies, whatever you call them!) Yesterday I experimented with skewers and cardboard, but the results were not very neat, won't work. I remembered seeing on Pinterest weaving around cut yoghurt cups. I don't have any yoghurt cups, but I do have some 1 litre milk bottles. Would that work? I think so.


I'll prepare the bottles. Weaving shouldn't take much time, so I'll take along felt in case people want to make felt flowers or something to decorate the baskets further. 


5 comments:

  1. Now that’s a very clever idea. Another cup of tea and I’ll have an empty plastic bottle. Now, where’s the ribbon or could a tatted edging work instead? Time to play - when I’ve had that cuppa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I just ended and glued the cut end off. It looked fine so I didn’t add anything. Tatting or lace would work though.

      Delete
  3. Great idea and pretty 'easy and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and useful, hope they enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete