Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Yup, A Mistake

 


You know that feeling when you think you've made a mistake but aren't absolutely sure? And continue until it's obvious that you did, indeed, make a mistake. I'm knitting Alder Fingerless Mitts by Agnes Zombory. The pattern is very clearly written, but complicated. To make things easier for myself, I've been marking the pattern as I go:


There was quite a gap between knitting the first and second mitts and I couldn't remember - did I mark the original sequence, or only the repeats? Turns out I chose the wrong option, but it was difficult to be sure of that until I got right to the top. I could have undone the second mitt just to the start of the thumb gusset, but in the end decided to just start afresh. At least knitting is easy to unravel! 

4 comments:

  1. I often have misplaced confidence in my memory 🤣 The pattern is beautiful as is your knitting 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique texturing in those! Looks like you are doing great!! :) Sorry you had to start over.
    Make sure to write what you marked so if you knit them again you know for sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes....trying to be diligent and clever and only being befuddled! I know the feeling well....very well!!

    ReplyDelete