Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Before And After

 

I hope that the before  after pictures look pretty much the same as each other! I felt as though I was wrestling with a dinosaur at times, but the job is done. Here's a closer view of the trees:


 I learnt various tricks along the way. When I sewed the clouds on, I sewed the top of the cloud and then sewed the bottom separately from the same direction, so that I didn't have to turn the work. I sewed the 'lava' onto the mountain before I sewed the mountain to the backing, so that I could do all the wiggles.


 I'm pleased with the back of the work. Following my discovery when making towels, I used a thread in the bobbin that matched each background section.


So there isn't a glaring 'ghost image' on the back.

It's all rolled up and ready to be collected by the dinosaur-fan's dad. It's going to be a Christmas present, so I'm guessing Dad will have to smuggle it in discreetly. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks amazing! 🤩 And to have added to your repertoire of tricks is equally wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Congratulations! You're right, with a sewing machine you can have different colour threads for the front and back. Your idea is very useful, I'll keep it in mind, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, what a lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete