Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Butterfly Sample

 


I was given some used x-rays recently to use for the craft group. I knew that some of the other groups had used x-rays to make butterflies, so I picked some brains and learnt how to remove the image from the x-ray. I was pondering how to display the butterflies when I saw this post - scroll down to see the stained glass butterfly. Jack bent some wire into shape for me and I think it'll work. I'll cut some butterflies out of x-ray for the less dexterous and make templates for the more capable to cut out their own. Everyone can decorate as much or as little as they fancy. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I never imagined there would be a need to remove the image from an xray. But the butterflies seem like a very interesting idea. If you have a chest or pelvis xray, you could even leave the image in. It has the symmetry in there already and it might look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, one of the people I spoke to said that some of the images are difficult to erase, but she carried on regardless and found they were more interesting than the clear ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting idea, Jane. Your blog is always full of really great information. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very interesting. I've never heard of re-using x-rays. I feel like I'm always learning something new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a rare crafting material, but you used it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous upcycle! I love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete