Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Making A Plan

 


With no orders in queue at the moment, I have a chance to sew for myself.  In September I went to a sale where a few women were selling off their fabric stashes, and bought several pieces. I've already made a top and skirt, as you can see here.  I didn't mention it in that post, but the sellers were all quilters and many of the fabrics were quite short in length, intended for patchwork rather than dressmaking. I bought what I liked, without paying a great deal of attention to the length of the fabric. Mmm. Fiddle as I might, I could not cut a blouse out of either of these fabrics. Instead, I used one for the back, front and facings and the other for pockets and sleeves. I think it worked! Actually, unless someone is bored or very pernickety, they might not even notice that there are two fabrics here. 

6 comments:

  1. That is very clever. You're right, it adds just a subtle contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You did a marvelous job combining the two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not just put random pieces of fabric together and make your own fabric like I did with my odds and ends. It's such fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great. I had to look twice to see the difference in the materials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, barely discernible! Clever solution 💖

    ReplyDelete