Saturday, April 29, 2023

Muskaan's Poppy

 


I was asked if I could tat a flower to go on the top of a funeral urn. I'll give it a go! The first flower that came to mind was the poppy on muskaan's patterns page. It's been on my to-do list for ages, so this was a good chance to try it out. Of course, my first attempt has a number of faults, but it was alright for a sample. When Myriam collected it, she asked if I could tat a sprig of lavender. Mmm, I expect so. Anyone know of a pattern for lavender? I'll have a go at making one up, but if there's already one out there, I'm keen to hear about it. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my I love it 🌺❤️ Thanks 😍 There's one from an East Asian tatter (you might've seen it on Pinterest) which I tried here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2018/02/i-love-tatting-3d.html and Anita Barry was inspired by it but created her own version. I have forgotten the details, but can ask her.
    I think someone posted in Just-Tatting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's gorgeous muskaan! More elaborate than the one that I've come up with. I had a look at pictures of lavender and lavender flowers vary a fair bit. Some have a solid head, like your version, and some are sort of spaced out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've looked at yarn lavenders and crocheted lavenders on YouTube, you can't find tatting lavenders there, but the one recommended by Muskaan is really great. I'm also thinking about lavender when planning next summer's flower course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lavender in the garden, but it doesn't flower.

      Delete
  4. Lovely poppy, I look forward to seeing your lavender

    ReplyDelete