Thursday, April 13, 2023

Please Finish This

 


I was handed the parts of a pullover and asked to turn them into something wearable. Really it just needed sewing together and the neck knitted. There were a few other things to sort out. I embroidered the face using duplicate stitch. And sorted out the hole formed when the knitter forgot to cross yarns when changing colours:


I just used yellow yarn to close up the hole. I was a bit puzzled by the original knitters method of  working single stitches for the ears etcetera:


It looks as though she has used a separate bit of yarn for each stitch, tying it in a knot at the back. Very laborious! I left them as they were, though I suppose I could have undone them and used duplicate stitch instead. I think it looks alright from the right side. Teddy Bear Sweater, designed by Gill Theokritoff, is now ready for winter. 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love challenges like that. Am I mad? Well done - it looks great now it’s fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting! You did an excellent job of repair and finish - worth it. 💗💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sweater. It's wonderful that you are so talented to be able to rescue it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate being asked to sort out and do the finishing off, I think you took on a challenge, but well done for sorting it out, not easy sorting someone else's work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. The worst thing was feeling that I couldn’t do my own things until I’d finished the job!

      Delete
  5. As the person more likely to ask you to fix something...I know the owner will be very happy that the job is finished now and she can finally wear her jersey.

    ReplyDelete