Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Helix Hat Revisited

 




Remember the helix hat that I knitted in variegated yarn? Well at last I have managed to spin some wool and dye it in solid colours to try the pattern again. The stripes show  up much more clearly, with the snail shell helix on top. You can see in the bottom picture that you do get a jog where the colours change over. Since I finished knitting this, I found a video on Pinterest that promises to show how to avoid the jog on helix stripes, though I haven't had a chance to study it yet. I guess I will have to knit another helix hat! 

6 comments:

  1. I do like the way the stripes show in this version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the trouble with crafting - you learn one thing and that leads to another!!!! Carry on knitting, Jane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, clearly visible here. Nice colour combo, too 💙💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hat, I could sure use it here. :)

    ReplyDelete