Monday, September 5, 2022

Mitred Mittens






 I've been wearing these mitred square socks that I knitted in 2020 and they're really comfortable. So I thought I'd knit another pair, using wool, which should be more flexible than the cotton I used last time. But when I was following the links I'd saved on my blog, I rediscovered Melody Johnson's mittens and decided I'd knit those first.  I'm really pleased with how they turned out, though they're on the small side. I think my yarn is thinner than the yarn Melody used. 

My customer sent me a photo to show how the yarn I showed in the previous post is knitting up:


Looks good, doesn't it? 



7 comments:

  1. Must say those slippers look very comfy. I love the way the yarn that your customer is knitting up is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely mittens (especially the swollen thumb ;-P) and your yarn worked up real good! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mittens! I'm reading a book called Icelandic Mittens by Gudrun Hannele Henttinen. The patterns are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting mittens. I like the way your yarn is knitting up. Will it be a sock?

    ReplyDelete