Monday, September 19, 2022

In Black And White

 


 Remember the experiment I did the other day? The customer was very happy with the result, so I went ahead and spun a batch of yarn and dyed it in the same way. My 'black' is more charcoal than true black, but I hope it'll do the trick. 




 I also had an order for a zebra hooded towel, more black and white. I made some changes from the original zebra I made. I made the snout mostly white with some black added, rather than all black, and made the mane out of felt instead of yarn. The stripes are made of felt, not fabric, which meant I could use a straight stitch instead of zig zag, which is quicker and easier. Probably neater too. 

5 comments:

  1. I like the ‘new look’ zebra. The charcoal yarn looks much better to me than when it was so black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never all black and/or white, is it...always shades of gray 😃💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES!!!!!! I can comment again!!!! :D I have a new computer and I just had to check and see if I could tell you that I love your zebra!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, so glad to see you commenting again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete