Monday, February 22, 2021

Shirt Time Again

 

Some of Jack's shirts are beginning to wear out at the back, so I'm making replacements. This is the second, I'll probably make three. As usual, they have certain bespoke elements - pockets deep enough to hold notebook on one side and phone on the other; added length so they tuck in easily; and sewn up front so that he doesn't need to bother to do up buttons.  The green fabric seems a bit less robust than the grey, so I've done the pockets in grey and just used the contrasting fabric for the pocket flaps. I hope they'll last as long as the shirts, but in truth it's the weight of things Jack puts in the pockets that wears them out. 

6 comments:

  1. It doesn’t seem that long since you last made Jack some new shirts. Time flies so I expect it’s a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is one lucky man! Dave is so hard on clothes. I think I'd be heartbroken if he ruined something I made the first time he wore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing awaits me, as well, sigh. Probably close to 2 years since I last did. Oiled and sunned it a few days back, now to get down to the actual task 🥱

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky to have someone to make shirts just the way you want them. I think the colours are nice.

    ReplyDelete