Tuesday, November 5, 2019

En Masse

I did some research online and discovered that buying beads from a wholesaler is way cheaper than buying small packets in a local shop. It varies, of course, but I worked out that one small packet of poor quality beads that I bought here was seven times more expensive than if I'd bought wholesale. So I ordered from a shop in Johannesburg. They come in packets of 450 g, a pound. The colours were a little limited, but even so, a range of colours makes for a slightly alarming number of beads!

11 comments:

  1. OMG - that's going to keep you out of mischief (and tatting) for a long time, Jane. What size are the beads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The turquoise color is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mass-ive! A good range of colours. It'll be fun to watch your colour combos and patterns :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had too many beads but I think you have beaten me now! However, using them like you do I can see why you need so many. Well done on getting them much cheaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooo..... colors! Lots of fun can be had with that batch of beads! I wish we had a local bead shop. Unfortunately, it's a tough business to run.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's lots of beads you lucky girl😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe limited colors, but at least you seem to have a full rainbow of colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee Hee! Don't use them all in one motif!
    LindaR

    ReplyDelete
  9. That are good intentions, indeed!

    ReplyDelete