Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Hearts And Flowers

I was thinking of starting another curds and whey to carry about as 'handbag tatting'. But when I saw this edging yesterday on The Knotting Nurse's blog, I thought I'd do that instead. Sharon has given the pattern in needle tatting terms, which is not a problem of course, I just have to ignore instructions like 'turn and tie off'! I took on board Sharon's tip that a lock join is not the best join to use. Instead, I swap shuttles before making the join, which amounts to the same thing as Sharon did. I use a safety pin to create a space to join the next ring to:
I'm using a size 40 thread, Coats, in a variegated yellow. I think the variations in the thread are subtle enough for the two shuttle method to work.

6 comments:

  1. I'm also attracted to that pattern! I've bookmarked it for later use. I have several more Curds & Whey bookmarks I'd like to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see that you made the edging/insertion. I worked the pattern with shuttle yesterday and will be posting it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An example of changing chain curves 😉 Nice tip about using a place holder.
    Love the colourway - works beautifully with this pattern.

    ReplyDelete