Saturday, July 27, 2019

Using My Links

I probably won't be entering competitions next year, life is getting complicated. But I still like the idea of smocking, so I thought I'd use it to make a sun dress as a gift for a new baby. I referred back to my own post to find links to the tutorials I need to do the job. That was much easier than trawling Pinterest posts as I originally did. So far, so good. I"m using a size 5 perle cotton. In my original sample, I did some patterns in size 5 and some in size 8. The size 5 is bolder and I think it works better with the gingham.

10 comments:

  1. Drop dead gorgeous. Sorry about life getting complicated - anything I can help with? Mine's just about to settle down after several months of worry and hassle. Hope yours does the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I'm sure it will, we just need to find the right paddles to navigate turbulent water! Glad to hear your life is about to settle down.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to be able to learn smocking! I took a class at one of the Craft Shows, but just didn't understand what I was doing. I'm thinking of signing up for a " proper" class later in the year. Do you do the pleating yourself too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the gingham makes it easy. One of the links is to a tutorial showing how to do it. The tutorial shows stitches over 3 blocks, which I did last time, but 2 blocks works better.

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic looks like your a pro with this😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are amazing. I recall that had a sundress with smocking and I wore it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its lovely to see smocking, my mother made me a lot of dresses when I was very young all smocked,
    You have done lovely piece of smocking

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so professional!!! Your talents are boundless. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet, what a lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete