Monday, April 17, 2017

(Waist)Coat of Many Colours


I've finished my waistcoat. I tried to take a selfie, but that didn't really work, so I took a photo in a mirror. In retrospect, I should've made the half circles on the front the same colour on each side so that together they made a whole circle. Ah well, that's a minor point, overall I'm very happy with it.

To recap, the motif pattern is Atty's Little Dots pattern, which is here . For putting them together to make a waistcoat, I take full responsibility. It was a great way to use up short bits of handspun wool left over from crocheting blankets. It'll be warm and should brighten any Winter day!

12 comments:

  1. I've been watching this progressing - it's very beautiful and fits you so well! Another way of doing it would be to use a paper pattern. You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it probably would've been sensible to use some sort of template.

      Delete
  2. It's lovely. I'm tempted to start one too but I MUST finish other things first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely delightfully gorgeous !!! And I totally agree with Maureen - you are truly clever ! Expect lots of compliments :-)
    I thought the back was going to increase downwards, hence the confusion earlier ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous and fun waist coat!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful and so is your waistcoat. Lovely creation dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, love it. such patience.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete