Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Dots

I found the perfect pattern to use very short pieces of coloured wool. It's called Atty's Little Dots and can be found here.  Each dot uses just over a metre/yard of yarn. The pattern uses a centre ring of three chain, but I've used a magic ring. It gives a bigger space to work in, while still finishing up with a neat centre. I learnt to do the magic ring when making amigurumi toys. I see when I investigate now that I've been making a double magic ring, which is fine. I'll continue to use it because it's stronger than the single version and the end doesn't have to be sewn in. Here  is a tutorial for several ways of making a magic ring.

9 comments:

  1. I love them! And how careful you are about wasting, admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks neat! So what are you going to make this into??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrap yarn projects with tiny motifs. Thanks for all those links, too :-)
    Are you starting another blanket ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would make a nice baby blanket. But no. I'll reveal my plan tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea and a wonderful way to use up those end threads😄

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use up scrapes of thread

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely little project!

    ReplyDelete