Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Flowers in a Row Blanket


I've finished crocheting Isabel's Flowers in a row blanket. It was designed by Melissa Leapman, the pattern is here. The yarn specified is Red Heart supersaver, but I used handspun wool instead. The cream colour is the natural, undyed wool. The colours were dyed with chemical dyes in my microwave. The blanket measures 114 cm by 147 cm. It took me just under a month to make. That was the deadline I set myself, so that I could post it off and hope it will reach Isabel by her birthday. It was rather a tight deadline; I plan to make the next blanket in more leisurely fashion!

15 comments:

  1. Red Heart Supersaver is a rather stiff yarn, I'm sure your blanket must be so much nicer in wool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, I haven't seen this before I think I shall have to save the pattern for future use. Thankyou for sharing.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabel's blanket is beautiful! I agree with Maureen, Red Heart Supersaver is rather stiff. It wears like iron, but it's not very comforting. I can imagine the warmth and coziness of your handspan wool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious !!! And knitting with wool in summer! I am sure all your effort will be truly appreciated, every time it is used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky, lucky Isabel! She'll wrap herself in warm Grandma's hugs!
    Katie V in NC USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! She'll love it. The colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful, I'm sure she'll treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your flowers.Pretty blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

    I hope the recipient appreciates it very very much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blanket of flowers in your hand spun and dyed wool yarns. This will be an heirloom for generations to come. Lovely Dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blanket will brighten up any room, Isabel will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete