An account of the craftwork I get up to, tatting, spinning, knitting, sewing, whatever
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Motif 48 really is square. It would look good repeated. It's larger than I expected, 11 cm across in size 20 thread. I made a bit of a meal of it, TWICE joining the little corner flowers in the wrong place. The first time, I noticed quite soon and could untat. The second time, as you can see at the bottom of below, I tatted on merrily before I realised that I had only one repeat and not two before the corner:
Hmm. Untatting would take ages and likely make the thread scruffy. Cutting would result in a lot of ends to hide. Then I realised I could just cut the flower off and tat another one. It worked fine, phew.
The blanket is square only in the sense that it is now correct. I undid the section that had too few stitches and redid it. Here are the two blankets together:
I think I achieved my aim to make blankets that were subtly blue and pink for twin boy and girl.