Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Julia Sanders

Frivole has been working from the Pricilla no. 2 book or Julia Sanders Tatting book. In my previous existence as a tatter, I used this book a lot. So I thought I'd show you the collar on net that I made  for myself. I made one exactly according to the pattern for a friend, then made some alterations to this one so that it would be a bit different. I'm glad to hear that the book is now available on line. Thanks to Frivole for the link.  I also made the collar shown on page 13. When I was given the book as a present, it blew my mind! It was so different to the Coats booklets that were the only patterns I'd had access to before that. It probably wouldn't have the same impact now, but nevertheless, it's worth looking at.

10 comments:

  1. I've had the Julia Sanders book for quite some time. It was one of the first tatting books I purchased. I get confused by the directions, so I've never made anything from it. I guess I need to diagram the patterns to understand how to tat the pieces I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Jane.
    The book was one of my first too. I have tatted seperate motifs from the various projects in the book, but have not made a full large project like your collar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired this collar in the book. Wonderful to see it made up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got that book and have admired that beautiful collar, and now you show it even more beautiful than in the book!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen or heard of anyone actually making this before. That's amazing. Then to make it AGAIN. I'm gobsmacked. SOOOOO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Jane! It is indeed a fine tatting book. I am relatively new to tatting, having only begun at the end of 2008, and when I bought my copy, I was blown away!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That collar has always been on my list too,but have never got around to it in all the years I have owned the book. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments :-) I have to say, I haven't actually worn the dress much - it's somewhat OTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for showing it Jane. It's an amazing piece of tatting! (or many pieces...) and as Jane said, to make TWO!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing, Jane! and you've made 2! wow!

    ReplyDelete