Tuesday, July 25, 2017

One Solution


One solution to yesterday's zigzag conundrum is to separate the zigzags. It still took me three attempts to get it right, but I think this will work. I might give it a go, using different colour zigzags against a constant background.

My camera battery died this morning. I wanted to write this before I go to town, so I decided to use the camera on my new phone instead of the camera. Hmm. The camera has 13 megapixels and the picture is clear, but I'm disappointed in the colour. It has a blue tinge, where the camera picture is clear. I wonder why that is.

8 comments:

  1. From a very un-skilled photographer: I have been told that to improve my photos I needed to include something white in the picture, because the camera uses it as a reference for the other colours (I have no idea if this is always true or just especially true for phone cameras). I imagine your thread is white, but maybe it's not "big" enough.
    Lovely zigzags :) I have never tried this technique before. What size of crochet do you need?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very interesting, thanks. That may explain why the bottom photo of paper is better. I'm using size 10 thread and 2mm hook, though it can be done with finer thread and tiny beads.

      Delete
  2. I like the white idea suggested to solve the blue. I wonder if it doesn't have to do with your lighting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the same natural light I usually do. I'll test the white idea.

      Delete
  3. I obviously don't understand this at all, but I can kind of trace perfect peaks/zigzags in the way the beads are arranged ? Perhaps one more trial?
    Since I began using Landscape setting on my mobile phone, I get clearer, sharper pics. But my phone camera is only 5 megapixel ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. 🌻I like this design i like how you reversed the zig it's great🌻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you are brave! I cannot make head nor tail of those beading instructions...

    The photo looks fine.

    ReplyDelete