Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mint Choc Ice

 Or Camouflage? I'm knitting 'Mistake Stitch Mobius', designed by Daniel Yuhas, published by Interweave Press. Actually, I've finished knitting it, but my grafting is not up to scratch, I'm going to have to 'go around again'. I downloaded some notes from Interweave Press about grafting. I will have to study them and try to understand what I'm doing, instead of blindly trying to follow Daniel's instructions on the pattern. I've grafted toes of socks many times, but that usually involves plain knitting, unlike this off-set rib, where some of my knitwise stitches should be purlwise stitches.

8 comments:

  1. What is wrong? I see only a soft warm and coloured scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With grafting (Kitchener Stitch) I had to go into a quiet room and concentrate ! I can't imagine grafting these stitches! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I can actually FEEL that scarf and I like the colors. I also like that kind of stitch, which here in Europe in called 'brioche', don't ask me why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like brioche, but it's not. Brioche involves slipped stitches, but this is just k2,p2 rib on both sides, with one side having an extra stitch so that the ribs don't line up properly. Clever!

      Delete
    2. I have a question about Brioche ...
      I love this class of stitches & have done Brioche Honeycomb for the border of a quilt/blanket. However, if one makes a mistake, how does one know which stitch to pick up & how ?
      Is there any tutorial, video, or tips I can refer to? Any advice you can give, with all your experience & creativity ?

      I made a couple of errors in the beginning & had to unravel & start again ;-( Later, I just ignored & did what I could as best I could & continued. Luckily it was a dark color (purple), so the few later errors were not visible.

      Delete
    3. I knitted a Brioche at the bottom of a shopping bag. It did take time to get to know how it worked! I also had to start over. Have a look at Ravelry, a knitting site that has heaps of info on it. It's like In Tatters for knitters. I'm sure someone there could answer your question.

      Delete
  4. I've only grafted stocking stitch as well - this will be a learning curve for you! It's fun to see what the wool looks like once it's knitted.

    ReplyDelete