Thursday, July 25, 2024

Ticking Them Off

 I'm getting through my list. The socks are not quite finished, but I can do that tomorrow at the knit 'n' natter meeting. The jewelry bags are done and ready to be delivered tomorrow. The tea cosy and peg bag are done:


I'll have to make sure the tea cosy fits the teapot when I deliver it. I couldn't find mine to use as a pattern, so I had to wing it, and am not convinced it's correct. 

Just as I was seeing progress on my list, I had a  call from someone needing a cover for a salad bowl, with a beaded edge, before Saturday. Right. Here we go:


I've done the job, but it meant I've left it late to start preparing for tomorrow's craft group. Our plan was to paste pictures onto vinegar bottles to turn them into plant pots. But this morning I realised that I don't have enough suitable pictures for the job. I was thinking of using old calendars, but the pictures are much too big. Panic, panic. Plan B needed. 


I wrapped the cut off bottle in bubble wrap, and painted the dots. I hope that will work. Jack has chilli plants for us to plant in them.

6 comments:

  1. I like your idea of painting the bubble wrap. I'm sure it will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the lavender and pink one the tea cosy? Hey you got to play with beads even if not a crochet cord 😁🤗
    Plan B looks like it might be a hit! Fun and usable 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I should have shown it with a teapot inside, but of course it’s not for my teapot!

      Delete
  3. Beaded salad bowl covers are a great idea. I think I'll make one for myself as soon as I find a suitable cover material. 👍

    ReplyDelete