Thursday, July 11, 2024

Getting There

 I am making progress. I delivered five tatted lavender, still have to tat another five. I've finished the 30 bags to be delivered tomorrow:


I've spun and dyed wool for two pairs of fingerless gloves:


Yesterday I baked a batch of  biscuits (cookies) for the craft group to decorate. Today I must mix up icing in different colours and do some samples.



My flow was briefly interrupted on Tuesday when a friend asked me to help her with her knitting. She had asked me to help her pick up the stitches for the neckband, but before we really got going, she mentioned that the pullover seemed much too big to fit her grandson. Hmm. Turns out that she was using size 4 needles rather than 4mm needles. UK size 4 is 6mm, so no wonder her pullover was much too big. I explained that needles can be sized in three ways - UK sizing, US sizing and metric. I also told her how to do a tension square so that she can find if she's way off before she's knitted the whole garment! She went away to unravel and reknit it, but I promised to help her with the neck when the time comes. 


4 comments:

  1. Love your wool skeins - and the biscuits look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kind help will support her for many, many projects. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much and so many projects! At least you keep making progress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have accomplished so much again.
    Such beautiful colors in wool yarns.

    ReplyDelete