Thursday, November 2, 2023

Variety

 


I listened to someone the other day saying that the problem with monthly markets is that the stalls have the same items each time. I'm not sure I entirely agree; I'd be disappointed if I went to the lady I usually buy cream from and found she had marigolds. But I thought I'd try to put something new on my stall on Saturday and tat some bookmarks. Of course I've left it rather late to carry out said plan, so I had to go with a very simple pattern. I'm busy preparing for tomorrow's craft group meeting, but even so I should have time to whip up a few more before Saturday. 

10 comments:

  1. I guess it all depends on what the customer is looking for. I like knowing that I can go to the same vendor and finding what I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we'll know for sure on Saturday. These look cute and something you could do while manning the stall, too. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I’d have thought people would prefer to see the same sort of products each time but who knows!! I think it’s worth a try, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes....the retail dance: establish a reputation while simultaneously bringing fresh items to market. One way to skirt that: create the illusion of fresh with different displays. Now we know what marketing really means!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it's good to find the same products from the same vendor, especially when they quality is good. I think though that mostly applies with consumables like the cream. Whereas with beadwork or lace, the buyer buys it once and has it for a long time. So they will want something else the next time they visit. But in the end, you're the best judge of what to sell. I hope the Saturday market goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had the same thought and suggestion from others, but if they aren't buying my tatting, then I am just not sure they will buy any other tatting so I try a little new, but not much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I forgot to say those look great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bookmarks are adorable!
    Bookmarks are rarely bought from me, I think it's because of the growth of audiobook services and e-books. However, they fill the sales table nicely.

    ReplyDelete