Thursday, November 9, 2023

Friendship Bracelets

 


The craft group I run in a retirement home is one of a number of such groups. Usually we act independently, each developing our own projects for the week. But every now and then there's a project that all or most of the groups do. The friendship bracelet is one such project. I collected the loom and cut threads yesterday, so my preparation this week is minimal. I do however need to make a sample, and decide how we're going to finish the bracelets. 

9 comments:

  1. I’ve done those with young kids too. Trouble is I got addicted to making them myself. Isn’t it Kumihimo? Very interesting the many effects you can get with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks like fun! The loom is a great idea for keeping the threads organised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your post I looked up a video, especially since the card can be made at home. I'll give it a try, too, for my hair net cord. It seems easier and more fun than the pin spool! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and if you have any tips, please do share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the general consensus this morning was that it’s quite slow going! We thought it might be better to use a thicker thread than the embroidery floss we were given. The loom is very easy to make and the finished cord looks really good. And once you get a rhythm going, it does progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 🧡 The French knitting loom/spool is also slow and I'm not always happy that the stitches have to be kept loose. I have a feeling there will be more control here.

      Delete