Thursday, July 20, 2023

Tulle

 Our craft group was given a box of tulle, or net. Oh good, we thought, we can use it to make food covers. But when I took a closer look, I found that most of the pieces are much too small for food covers, and long narrow shapes that don't lend themselves to joining. Hmm. How about using the small pieces to make flowers to decorate food covers? I trawled through Pinterest, followed some links, did some experiments and ended up with some flowers that I think will work:


Here's a link to one of the tutorials.   I'll make templates that the group can use to make their own flowers.

I did manage to find some pieces of net big enough for small covers. I've edged them with pretty ribbon. The cutting mat was a great help in getting the covers (fairly) square. 





6 comments:

  1. The flowers and laced covers look pretty and festive 💜🩵

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look pretty but tulle appears to have a life of its own!! Hope your ‘gals’ manage to tame it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of it is difficult to work with. The stiffer pieces are more manageable.

      Delete
  3. Very creative to make flowers out of them! You can also use them to decorate hair ties. I had one, as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely flowers, at least you managed to make something from the gift. very creative

    ReplyDelete