Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Spinning

 I've spun a bit over half of the carded wool and this is how it looks


While I was carding, I dithered (pondered?) over how to complete my yarn. The options won't mean anything to non-spinners, so suffice it to say, I decided to dye some more wool in a purply colour, to ply with the multicoloured thread. It should probably have been a darker shade, but I'll settle for this:


I'm now spinning it, and will combine it with the other thread - I spin with the wheel moving clockwise and will ply with the wheel moving anticlockwise. 



5 comments:

  1. Triple WOW today. Amazing. I wish you'd stop spinning though - you're tempting me to buy a wheel now that I've 'gone back to' knitting. I did spinning and weaving at college and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this is going to make up into something pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! You have many craft talents!

    ReplyDelete