Saturday, July 29, 2023

Knitting

 



It's sensible to finish all the spinning before starting knitting, but I wanted something to do at yesterday's knit and natter session, so I started knitting a scarf before the spinning is done. I visualised a lacy scarf, so I started with this pattern from The Sweater Book, edited by Amy Carroll. I chose it because it's reversible - I think a scarf should be completely reversible. But the result is too muddled. It doesn't show the pattern or the yarn to best advantage. I unravelled it and started again in mistake rib - that's knit 2, purl 2 rib over an uneven number of stitches. I think it shows the colour variations better. 

6 comments:

  1. It definitely shows the colours better in the knitted version and they’re GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice! I agree that a simpler pattern will show the colours better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your previous posts showing each step and this time I can at least understand a few things (just don't test me on it! ;-P). Yes, the colours show up beautifully in the top one! Looks so soft and snuggly already. 💗💜💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some patterns just dont like variegated thread or wool, the rib pattern shows off the wool a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have beautiful colors and a simple knitting pattern brings them out. The scarf will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that yarn is so very pretty!!! :)
    And I love the lacy look in the bottom picture, but both are great!! :)

    ReplyDelete