Thursday, June 1, 2023

Snap Bag

 


I'm busy preparing for tomorrow's craft group. We're going to make snap bags. I was given a snap bag some time ago, and used it merrily without knowing how the opening snapped together. Then I came across a post on Pinterest that revealed the secret - pieces of metal tape measure! 


My neighbour gave me a broken tape measure, so I'm all set. I've done the sewing by hand, because that will be how the craft group members must sew it, but of course they're normally sewn with a sewing machine. I've also simplified slightly by using ribbon to grip for opening, rather than the traditional triangle of fabric. That's because I didn't want to have too many layers to hand sew through, and because folding a square into a triangle with no raw edges would probably boggle our brains. Now I'm off to make a pattern for those who can cut their own fabric, and cut some fabric for those less capable. 

8 comments:

  1. this is a great project for your group. I hope they like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, it’s not easy to predict what will be popular!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful project with much variety for those differing capabilities and tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project!! :)
    My snap bag was given to me and it was made with a snap bracelet not a tape measure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s interesting. There’s always more than one way of doing things!

      Delete
  4. Lovely project for your group I hope they enjooy it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bag, metal tape measure is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always something new to learn here 😍

    ReplyDelete