Monday, July 4, 2022

The Quick Version

 

I've been working on orders for fingerless gloves, which is great because those are guaranteed sales. But I don't want to go to the market on Saturday with an empty basket. So I decided to spin a thicker yarn and knit with bigger needles. 


 Plain stocking stitch is quicker than lace or cable, so I used colour to add interest, rather than pattern. I used this pattern. It uses 34 stitches, as opposed to about 50 for the other pairs I've been making, and of course fewer rounds. The spinning probably isn't any faster because the length of yarn used is the same, but the knitting is definitely faster.

 I like to spin a fine yarn, but there's a time for all things. It's a bit like tatting with size 10 thread when you're used to using 40. 

3 comments:

  1. I love fingerless gloves, and these look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a case of just biting the bullet and doing what’s needed to get the results you are asked for!!! Happy knitting, Jane. Oh, and spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to have the requisite skills and materials to adapt 💗❤💗

    ReplyDelete