Friday, September 24, 2021

All Seven Colours

 


When I've finished with grey, I'll go back to cream. I considered changing the order of the colours in the next repeat, but I like this colour progression, so I think I'll stick with it. The label on the yarn says they're 'pullskeins' which I assume means you're supposed to work from the middle of the ball. I found the middle end on the cream, but not on the others. I didn't try all that hard because I've found that when the middle of a ball is hollowed out, the ball tends to collapse and get in a muddle. I'm sure that's especially true of such large balls. So I think it might be better to just work from with outside end. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely color combination! I feel the same way about pull skeins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wondered about pulling from the center, too! The remaining ball is bound to collapse and become messy/tangled?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s not so bad with a ‘cake’ of yarn, where pulling from the middle keeps it upright so it doesn’t roll. But with a big ball, I think working from the middle can only end in a mess.

    ReplyDelete