Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Wedding Card

 

We're going to a wedding on Saturday. I thought it would be nice to make a personalised card to go with the gift. I didn't give myself much time to get it done, but done it is. The pattern comes from a book called Donna Kooler's 555 Cross-Stitch Motifs. It's quite complicated for such a small design, with four shades of yellow, four of pink and three of green. It also has a lot of half cross stitches, which is something I haven't come across before. 

We're leaving early tomorrow to travel to the town where the wedding will be held, back on Monday. I'm going to do a digital switch off while we're gone, I'll catch up on blogs when we get back. 

4 comments:

  1. I Love the simple elegance of this design! I've used half cross stitches to usually give a better/smoother curve which is why your rings are so beautifully circular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well stitched! That will be a treasured memento of gifts from friends to start a life together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card, I've never used the half cross stitches but it's good for a subject that is so little, the rose is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely card! I hope you enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete