Thursday, September 10, 2020

Flowers and Leaves

 

I like Ninetta's idea of keeping handbag tatting small so that it doesn't have time to get dirty. So I thought I'd add a flower to a short length of leaf braid to make a bookmark. How to finish off the other end? I could add a tassel perhaps. But I decided to put a flower on both ends. The pattern is two layered flower from Cariad Tatting by Jennifer Williams. Both threads are Milford size 20. I'm working the leaf braid continuously, I just cut off a length and unraveled one split ring so that I had thread to sew on the flower. 

7 comments:

  1. This is a great idea - especially snipping off required length! 💛💚💛 And you can use scrap motifs, etc. Wonderful SOUP tatting 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! You kept it simple. And a clever way to add flowers to the ends of the braid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! Is that a leaf from the chain that I'm seeing in the center of the flower? I think that is a better idea than leaving them "hollow."
    LindaR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I love the flower motif you chose for the ends!

    ReplyDelete