Monday, September 28, 2020

Learning

 

I'm working on another link necklace, learning as I go. First of all, a circumference of five beads is better than one of six. It just feels less chunky. I started off with a pattern I'd been thinking about, that turned out to be a mistake. Luckily I could turn it into a key ring. The pattern is one that overcomes bias, so that the flowers are all in a line. That results in a 'double pattern', with flowers on one side and zig zags on the other. Not so good for the links. I prefer the spiraling effect. The pattern I'm using is called Flowers by SnowMirna. Here's the key ring:




8 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having great fun with these beaded links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of all the things you have shown, these links are my favourite.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beaded rings are so neat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, but the flower pattern would go well with something plain perhaps? The key chain pattern looks like a wreath!
    Both are lovely 💚💙💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second link is as plain as I can get! The green bead helps me work 5 around, otherwise I tend to gradually increase to 6.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty work! Lovely key rings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I have been gone a while and you stepped up a notch to chains wow🤩

    ReplyDelete