Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Room For One More

I made a start on the curtains yesterday, but the day disappeared in doing the laundry, visiting the hairdresser, things like that. I was determined to get on with it today! I made one curtain and then cut 30 cm off the bottom, ready to put in the inset. Hmm....

The crochet insert is a little bit short. There's room for another motif on either end. Back to the crochet hook I go, another 8 motifs to work.  That's fine, I'd rather that than they were too long and I had to cut them, that would be a waste of time.

7 comments:

  1. Your curtains will be beautiful! I agree... I'd rather have to crochet more motifs than have to cut them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you’ve got enough yarn to do another 8, Jane!!!! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are going to be awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I once made such a long tatted lace (it was broad, too!) for a saree that the extra length uas used on a baby frock, my caftan, cushion covers, and still a short length remained ;-P So, learnt my lesson the hard way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you judged it pretty well! And it is looking very effective.

    ReplyDelete