I've been doing some more crocheting rope together. I used double knitting cotton yarn to join the rope, but the principle is the same as I used here. It was quite difficult to work. The bigger the mat became, the harder it was to keep flat. At one stage I was working with a board on my lap, flattening out each section after I worked it. Mmm, no. When I put the whole mat on a flat surface, it turned out to be far from flat! I had to pull rope back through the crochet stitches to get it to flatten out. The result looks fine, but I think it will be too difficult for most members of the 'creative therapy' group.