Saturday, June 20, 2020

Piccalilli

I took some time off crocheting to make Piccalilli, using vegetables from Jack's garden - cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and onions, plus a bit of cucumber from the supermarket. I prepared the vegetables yesterday, salted them and left them until this morning. The recipe comes from River Cottage and can be found here.   I'm not a great one for measuring, but I duly weighed the vegetables so as to follow the recipe carefully and then there wasn't enough sauce! I had to make a second batch of sauce. So if you use the recipe, be generous with the sauce amounts.

6 comments:

  1. You have bought back memories here. I haven't had piccalilli for years, don't know why as I love it.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually with cold meat and salad. Or cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our pickles are way different than these! Always great to try new ways, especially less spicy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very tempting. I've never made piccalilli, just mundame chutneys like mixtures of tomato, onion, peppers.

    ReplyDelete