Thursday, December 29, 2016

Square Dance


I originally worked out that I would need 140 crochet squares for a small blanket, 10 by 14. But I'm going to use a 2 cm wide joining row, so I reduced that to 117 - 9 squares by 13. And I've done them all! So this morning I laid them out on a table and shuffled them around for a while. I tried not to get too obsessive about the shuffling, just avoid having very similar squares next to each other. I was tempted to leave them in situ, but it'll take me a while to join them up and they'd be a bit of a nuisance in that time.
So  I collected each short row into a pile and numbered the piles. I hope that will enable me to keep track of what goes where.

10 comments:

  1. Wow Jane you have been busy creating a pretty future family heirloom! Can't you create a numbered grid plan on the computer which would show you where to place each numbered square? Are you going to line the finished blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never occurred to me to use a computer to plan the placement! No,I don't plan to line it. I can see some advantages to that idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such patience, and now the sewing together. It will be beautiful when finished.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be a blanket to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love it! So beautiful and such gentle colors without being boring. Clever, clever how you bundled them to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is going to be one gorgeous blanket
    Happy new year Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous blanket that is going to be when finished!! :) I love the flowers!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb !!! I remember Jane Eborall's excellent tip - she took pictures of her quilt block placement for reference . You already have that in the above pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! They are gorgeous! Can't wait to see them all joined up :).

    ReplyDelete