lesson one and the woven bars definitely look better. Reading Sherry L's comment, I've realised that my dove's eyes are not correct, they don't all go in the same direction. Which the lesson did tell me to do!
I went on to lesson two. Mmm. The graduated kloster blocks were more difficult than I expected. The theory seems simple enough, practice not so much. The overcast or wrapped bars were quite tricky. You have to keep the tension on the thread and make sure the wraps don't overlap. I redid some of it. I finished one direction, started the other direction and realised I have messed up altogether by doing six blocks a side instead of five! The pattern of doves eyes won't work. I don't think I'll redo it because I don't need these stitches for my final piece. A bit embarrassing to show it, but in the interests of honesty, here I go: