Monday, March 19, 2012

Better?


I e-mailed Sharon of Pin Tangle who said that the answer was to use perle #8 cotton rather than stranded embroidery cotton, and the recommended stitches. My first thought was, where am I going to get perle #8? I live in a rural part of South Africa where supplies are very hard to find. But then I remembered that a couple of years ago my sister-in-law gave me some. It's not ideal for tatting, so it has been lurking in the bottom of my kist. I dug it out. There was blue, dark green and variegated green. I rather like the dark green, but there's only one ball of it. I wouldn't like to run out, so unless I can determine that it will get around the tablecloth, I will stick with the variegated, of which there are 3 1/2 balls. It does look much better, and I think it will look even better once blocked. Thanks very much to Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment