Monday, December 11, 2017
Plan B, Plan C
Next job was to apply iron-on stiffening to the neck facings. I bought 2 metres of the stuff recently, so I hauled it out and tried to figure out which was the sticky side. After a couple of trial runs, I had a very gungy iron and realised that both sides are sticky! It's not interfacing, it's fusible web for joining two pieces of fabric. Luckily I have a cleaning product designed for taking labels off jars that did a fantastic job in cleaning the iron. So I found some scrap fabric and fused it to the facings using the fusible web.
By the time I'd made plan B and plan C, the day was gone. I finished this morning according to plan, without mishap, hooray!