Monday, October 3, 2016
Notes to Self
Choosing a patterns
1. A circumference of 6 beads works well for a beginner. More than that and tension is harder to maintain.
2. A single colour is not the easiest pattern to work with. 2-2-2 is easier because working each colour on top of the same colour helps to keep track. The tutorial uses 6 colours, but that needs more attention to string and isn't necessary.
3. Once you've grasped that, choose a pattern that doesn't have a very long repeat. There are patterns out there that look simple but have a long sequence. With a shorter sequence, it's easier to get in a threading rhythm.
1. Use jam jar lids to hold beads:
3. Keeping the colours in the same place in relation to each other helps keep the rhythm of threading.
What else? Here's what the inside of the rope looks like: