Sunday, November 17, 2013
deas magazine of a coathanger with a crocheted edging and suggested I make a tatted version. In the original version, the whole hanger was covered with thread, but I decided to use ribbon instead. I intended to buy plastic hangers in town, but they are the sort of thing that seem ubiquitous until you actually want to buy them. I'm sure they must be available somewhere, but I didn't find any. I used wire hangers that I had at home. I'm pleased with how they turned out. Sewing the tatting to the hanger was a bit fiddly, but otherwise the project was pretty straight forward. They could be a good candidate for the Christmas market.