Sunday, January 7, 2024

Bamboo Socks

 




I've finished knitting the socks for Judy. The yarn is 75% bamboo and 25% nylon. It's not specifically a sock yarn and I'm not sure how well it'll wear, but the socks are pretty. The colours are more like the top picture than the bottom one. The pattern used an afterthought heel, which works well to preserve the stripe pattern.


I knitted half a round with waste yarn, where the heel was to be, finished the toes, then went back and undid the waste yarn, picking up the stitches on each side.


The heel is then knitted in the same way as the toes. 

The pair of socks weighs 52g and there is 46g of yarn left over. I could knit another pair of socks, but I'd have to make the tops shorter. 

4 comments:

  1. I've been following your sock saga and they have turned out really nice!!! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious how the bamboo/nylon wear also. I tend to go for shorter socks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks turned out great! I like bamboo, it's very soft and breathable. I don't have bamboo socks though, so I'm not sure how they will wear in time.

    ReplyDelete