Monday, September 25, 2023

Flowers

 


A friend gave me some beads recently to make her a bracelet with. I thought now would be a good time, since all my bead crochet supplies are out. When I looked at the beads, it turned out they're tiny, size 11 where I usually use size 8. I have used that size for crochet before, so it wasn't a great problem, but I thought I'd better choose a simple pattern. I used Flowers, by SnowMirna. First of all I crocheted a sample, as per the pattern:


Mmm, a bit skinny for a bracelet. The pattern is easily adapted, I just used 5 lilac beads on each row instead of 3. I had to do 30 repeats of the pattern instead of the 24 I usually do. The bracelet is not smoothly round, I think that may be because I used different sized beads. But I like the way the daisies stand out, and I don't think the odd kink will be noticeable when the bracelet is worn.

I played thread chicken with my Olympus thread:


One reason I end up with cardboard rolls with tiny amounts of thread on them is that I like to be sure there's enough for a project when I start. I decided to risk it, though it would have been a nuisance if I'd had to rethread beads! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the way the flowers stand out!!! :)
    Beautifully done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering when the flowers would bloom and boy, these are gorgeous!!! Beautiful shades. Here we call such broad gold bangles 'kada' and they are usually not smooth due to embossing, filigree, gems, etc. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pattern. I like how the flowers stand out too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bracelet is so beautiful! I think the flowers being a bigger size bead gives them a very nice effect.

    ReplyDelete