Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Of Chickens And Gloves

 I delivered one pair of fingerless gloves yesterday and am working on the next order, using the same pattern, Nalu by sparrowhawk on Ravelry, but knitting the bigger size. 


We collected 20 day old chicks this morning. Jack's plan is to raise them to point of lay, which takes about 20 weeks, and then sell them. I already have orders for one batch of 6 and another of 5. The ten that he bought earlier should start laying at the end of the month. We will keep five of them, and I have a home for the other five. I'm looking forward to having home grown eggs. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you keep showing us pics of their progress and development 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely chicks and please keep us up to date with their progress

    ReplyDelete